THE SEAL POSE
1) Mechanic - The main stimulation taking place in the Seal pose is a compression of the lumbar spine.
2) Energetic - Targets the Urinary Bladder- Kidney pathways related to the water element and Stomach-Spleen related to the earth element.
3) Mind/Emotions – Open Heart, Awakening, Stimulating
1) Be cautious of a back injury/problem or wrist/elbow and shoulder injury.
2) Also avoid with headache.
3) During pregnancy, do not press the belly into the floor.
"I rise up to my highest self."
PREP POSE - THE SPHINX
The Sphinx is the infant of backbends. It can be practiced with either an active or passive approach.
POST POSE - CAT-COW
Cat-Cow is a gentle flow between two poses that warms the body and brings flexibility to the spine. It stretches the back torso and neck, and softly stimulates and strengthens the abdominal organs. It also open the chest, encouraging the breath to become slow and deep. The spinal movement of the two poses stimulates the kidneys and adrenal glands. Coordinating this movement with your breathing relieves stress and calms the mind.
This sequence also helps to develop postural awareness and balance throughout the body. It brings the spine into correct alignment and can help prevent back pain when practiced regularly.
We suggest Table --> Cat --> Cow before going into Forward Fold --> Downward Facing Dog --> Peaceful Warrior.
See you on the mat!